New River Junction is only open for tubing when the water level permits a safe environment for our guests. It is a good idea to call before planning a trip to see us, especially on days where there has been decent precipitation in the area. Our decision to open or close and that day’s water level color will be made by 10:30a.m.
We insist that you follow our rules at all times. With any violation of these rules, you will be asked to leave immediately, without a refund. In some cases, such individuals may lose their privilege of using any amenities or services associated with the New River Junction.
Please help us in keeping the river a safe and enjoyable destination by being familiar with our rules.
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 16 must stay river right and between the yellow buoys at all times if you go through the rapids.
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 16 must wear a life jacket anytime they are in the river.
- Do NOT stand on your tube at anytime.
- While on your tube keep your bum up and your feet first.
- If you are ejected from your tube, do your best to hold onto it.
- EVERYONE must stay to the right side of the river and between the yellow buoys when it is a “yellow-level” day.
- Neither glass nor styrofoam are permitted in the river.
- Always check our water level stoplight when you come up to the window to see that days level and rules.