Big Falls Park
Come join us for some Chillin’ , Grillin’ and Tubin’ at Big Falls Park! We appreciate your business and as our way of saying thank you, we are happy to provide you with grills, picnic tables, charcoal, plates, napkins, and plastic utensils all day long.
Have you ever taken the kids on a picnic and forgotten the lighter fluid or something even as simple as the plastic forks? You no longer have to worry about that because we provide everything but your food and cooking untensils at no additional cost! Our grilling service is complementary with either a tube rental or Big Falls Park pass.
So next time you come to the river, make sure you pack a cooler full of food and enjoy a SHORE LUNCH without all the hassles, complements of your friends at New River Junction.
We think that everyone should have access to this section of the beautiful New River. The New River Junction has strived for over thirty years to help eliminate the parking problem at Big Falls. Now that we have acquired Big Falls Park, we must require that you follow these guidelines to help us keep it clean and accessible to everyone.
- Park your car at the New River Junction and use our shuttle bus service to get to Big Falls Park.
- If you get in the river at Big Falls Park (i.e. not tubing just picnicking) you must follow all of our water safety rules: All children under 16 must wear a life jacket at all times. No glass or styrofoam. On YELLOW level days you can not go past the second buoy. You may go out to the first big rock (The Bleacher Rock) but no farther.
- Children under 16 can not go past the second buoy at any time!
- You must be wearing a New River Junction wristband at all times to be on or to cross Big Falls Park. They are $2 on the weekdays and $3 on the weekends, or free with a tube rental. Wristbands may be purchased at the tube rental window.
- Never bring glass or Styrofoam containers. If you do it will be sitting in your car!
- Keep all trash picked up and deposited in appropriate receptacles.
- Do not start any ground fires or do anything that will harm the grass.
- All guests must use the shuttle service when going back to the New River Junction (the last bus leaves at 6:00PM).
- Open containers of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Do not move rocks or bring rocks onto grassy areas.
- Dispose of all cigarette butts in an appropriate manner.
- You must use our grills. Personal grills are not allowed.
Use of the family grills at Big Falls Park is first come, first serve. To help make our grilling service more accessible to everyone please limit what you bring to one cooler and one canvas bag per family. Use of the group grilling area at Big Falls Park or the picnic shelter by the NRJ Office is by reservation only.
Big Falls Park is only open when the New River Junction is open for tubing. Make sure to park and pay for your vehicle at the NRJ office.
We strictly enforce the parking policy in an effort to eliminate parking problems along Big Falls Road.